What is SIP Trunking?
SIP stands for “Session Initiation Protocol,” and it’s a technology that enables users to establish voice communication sessions, like phone calls and conference calls. While conference calls can easily be made from a traditional landline, SIP trunking enables the calls to be made from a cloud-based service. The phone service is connected to the cloud, enabling the phone calls to exist independently of a landline, which provides a number of crucial benefits to you, the end-user.
[Tweet “Save money, improve efficiency, simplify your communications, provide disaster recovery, and scale with your business.”]
Why Does SIP Trunking Matter?
There are a number of advantages that SIP trunking will provide your organization. Here are some of the primary benefits to consider:
- Since end-users don’t require the upkeep of physical landlines, SIP trunking can greatly reduce costs associated with phone calls.
- By consolidating your broadband internet service, long distance calls, and local calls into a single network, you can optimize efficiency and reduce overhead costs.
- You pay by the trunk, with one trunk per 2 to 3 people on average. This enables you to purchase exactly what they need to meet their daily goals.
- In the event of an outage, it’s easier to get the system up and running again due to everything being remotely hosted. This provides you with more security and reliability, which is of vital importance to your business.
- It simplifies your ability to manage your account by enabling access to all information and setup from any location via a web browser. This provides you more freedom and control over your telecommunications network.
- Long distance calls cost considerably less, and costs associated with on-network calls or local calls are completely eliminated.
- Scale your phone system as needed, so you can easily add more trunks as your business continues to grow.
SIP Trunking provides ease-of-use, simplifying your approach to telecommunications and reducing the stress associated with landline-based complications.
SIP trunking can help you save money, improve workplace efficiency, simplify your telecommunications system, improve the stability and response time in the event of an outage, and scale your business as needed. To learn more about our CSII Voice platform for Hosted PBX and SIP trunking, download our overview summary by clicking below: